- Nov 23, 2018 -
Most laboratories have provisions in the ventilation section to ensure that the laboratory is well ventilated and protects the ventilation system. BOKA summarizes some practical laboratory ventilation management regulations for general laboratory management methods and hopes to help you.
1. After entering the laboratory, check that the ventilation system is working and that the ventilation fan is working properly; the last one who left the laboratory, turn off the ventilation system and the ventilation fan:
2. The value is responsible for opening the laboratory doors and windows in the morning and closing the laboratory doors and windows at night;
3. Hazardous substances, volatile organic solvents, specific chemicals or other odorous tests must be carried out in a fume hood.
Fume hood use code
First, matters needing attention
1. The indoor air temperature is between -5 °C and +40 °C, and the 24-hour average does not exceed +25 °C;
2. The laboratory should also be ventilated when not using the fume hood, which is beneficial to the health of the test personnel;
3. When more than two fume hoods use one fan together, in order to avoid operational errors or improper, the “on” and “off” of the fan can only be controlled by one operator; if another fume hood is not used temporarily or To stop using, use the air volume control valve to close the vent; avoid repeating the "open" and "off" fans, which not only damages the life of the fan, but also is not accurate for the experiment.
4. When the fume hood is in use, it should avoid the interference of the countercurrent wind direction caused by the personnel walking to the fume hood;
5. When the fume hood is in use, it will be replenished for 10 minutes every 2 hours (ie, window ventilation); if it is used for more than 5 hours, open the window to avoid negative pressure inside the room.
Second, security matters
1. It is forbidden to conduct experimental courses in the fume hood when the fume hood is not opened;
2. It is forbidden to put the head into the fume hood to operate or view during the experiment;
3. It is forbidden to store or test inflammable and explosive materials in the fume hood;
4. It is forbidden to put the mobile patch cord or electric wire in the fume hood;
5. It is forbidden to do the experiment of mixing organic substances prohibited by the state with high-chlorine compounds in the fume hood;
6. It is forbidden to place the tested substance in the fume hood without safety. Once the chemical substance splashes out, the power should be cut off immediately;
7. When moving up and down the window, you should operate slowly and gently, so as not to crush the hand by the door handle;
8. During the experiment, it is better to use the window 100-150mm from the table top;
9. The operating area of the fume hood should be kept open, and avoid stacking items around the fume hood;
10. If the fume hood starts to malfunction or hears the fan sound is wrong, it must stop operation, must be repaired by professional maintenance personnel, and cannot be disassembled and repaired by itself;
11. When the operator does not use the fume hood, the ventilation countertop should avoid storing too much test equipment or chemical substances, and prohibit long-term stacking;
12. If there is poor ventilation, please contact the supplier in time.
The above is a plan for the laboratory ventilation system, which can be used and referenced by general laboratories.